Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Nursery Inspiration

1//2//3//4//5
I have finally nailed down exactly what I want to do with the nursery! Probably the hardest part was to pick the colors. I knew I wanted grey and white but that alone is too boring for me so I was on the search for other colors to go in the room too. Because we don't and wont know the gender of our little bean I wanted to pick colors that could go both ways and I think I've done it!

1. Fabric. I do plan to use my crafty skills and make the bedding (the details to that will be a whole other post) but I haven't totally nailed the fabric choices down just yet. I am thinking this teal and yellow arrow pattern will be a part of it though
2. Crib. Since the beginning of the pregnancy I've had my eye on this crib. I will have to admit though I was nervous about the quality. But boy was I wrong it is very sturdy. Between the price and quality I couldn't beat it!
3. Cart. I purchased this cart the same time I got the crib. I love the versatile options I have with it. We have hardwood in the nursery so it will easily slid across the floor to wherever we need it. Its home though will be next to the rocking chair as a side table. I am aware that once the baby can crawl and grab it that it might need to find its way to the closet.
4. Rocking Chair. The nursery is not full of space so to help the room not feel cramped I didn't really want an upholstered chair and I am not a fan of the look of gliders. I found a very similar antique wood rocking chair but wasn't sure where I could buy something like that. My wonderful MIL and her web searching skills came across this beauty. I was one happy camper
5. Rug. Like I said we have hardwood in the room so a soft comfy rug under our feet and an area where baby can play is nice. I wanted something neutral for the rug so all the color can be brought in through accessories and bedding making it easy if I wanted to change the color scheme for the next baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment