Friday, February 7, 2014

Baby Registry: Gear

1//2//3//4//5//6//7//8

When it comes to baby items especially the big items we will use from child to child I wanted them to be as gender neutral as possible. If it came in black I went with it. I am slightly in love with the color and its so versatile from boy to girl.

Stroller: To say deciding on a stroller was easy would be a lie. We have looked at so many its not even funny. I even got a little stressed out...what if we picked the wrong one? My husband is tall like 6'5" tall and I...well am 5'2" so that was our biggest challenge; finding something comfortable to push around for both heights. We have officially decided on the Britax B-Ready. It was a perfect compromise. The handle adjust to suit our needs as well as can become a double stroller when baby #2 is here (way in the future). It will be a great investment that we will be able to use for awhile.

Car seat: I have been in love with the Britax B-Safe car seat since I first laid eyes on it. It is very light weight which is key for my muscles or lack there of. The car seat also doesn't seem big and bulky when carrying it around. One more plus it snaps into the Britax B-Ready frame to make things even more convenient.

Carrier: The main carrier we plan to use is the ERGObaby original. It seems very versatile to grow with a growing baby too.

Rock and Play: Instead of a bassinet that isn't always easily stored away we went with a rock and play. It folds up and can slip under a bed or behind a couch. We plan to use it as the baby's "bed" for the first few months in our room but also can be portable to bring into the kitchen while making dinner.

Diaper Bag: When I came across the Skip Hop brand I was in love. My favorite feature was the stroller straps that come on all the bags making it easy for you to attach the bag to the stroller and go. I originally had a larger Skip Hop bag picked out because we are planning to cloth diaper but once I saw it in person I decided its just too big for our family. I'm really excited about the Skip Hop Studio because it seems to be a very popular bag with moms plus there are plenty of pockets making everything easily accessible.

Pack and Play: 4moms is the bomb. That's all I have to say. All their products are so carefully designed to make life easier. When we saw the Breeze in action my husband and I both agreed we were going to splurge and get it. It is so much easier to set up and take down then many others. We figured when we use the Breeze the most we will be on the go. Setting up a pack and play with many parts and confusing instructions is going to be the last thing we will want to do so its a must for our family.

Monitor: When it came to monitors I wasn't really concerned about being able to stream it through my phone or a super large screen. What I wanted in a monitor was simple video and sound. I decided on the Summer Infant monitor. Its reasonably priced and has the capacity to hook up several other cameras to it if we ever felt we needed to.

Swing: Like I said before I love 4moms. We have a very modest sized house so we have been space contentious when picking out all the bigger baby products. The base of the 4moms MamaRoo is very slim plus you don't need a lot of space for it to swing to. I love all the different options of motions the swing does as well. Cant wait for our little one to enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment