Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crib Bedding Inspiration

1//2//3//4
When it comes to the nursery I've decided I am going to make the crib bedding. Now I'm not getting too crazy here and going all out and making everything from scratch per say but here is what I am going to do.

For the bumper I will be taking a different approach. Since traditional bumpers are not "recommended" anymore due to suffocation I will be using this breathable mesh crib liner. I have plans though to make it look/feel more like a traditional one. Here is what I am going to attempt to do. With the teal and white dot fabric I will trim the top and bottom edges with it as well as make ties to tie on to the crib. The liner attaches via hook and loop so it wont actually need the ties but they will be there for looks.

Now for the crib sheets I have decided to purchase those. I don't mind just having a white fitted sheet plus would rather use my time making other fun things for the little bean.

Lastly for the crib skirt I will be using the teal and yellow chevron. I want to bring in small accents of yellow throughout the room so this fabric will be perfect to do that with. 

The soft minky and elephant fabrics will be used as accent fabrics around the room. Such as on the rocking chair or blanket. I am so excited to get the bedding started and especially cant wait to see the finished product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment